Saturday, March 23, 2013

Fearless Females Blog Post: March 23 ~ The Dash Between the Years


The following Timeline from my FTM2012 software shows my grandmother's life juxtaposed against world events. She was born in the era of Model T's, and was a child during the first World War.

She married at the beginning of the Depression, and, by so doing, found herself raising a family in financial hardship, with her husband having a difficult time holding a job. As such, as I later learned from my father, they moved around quite a bit, from one rent to the next, until finally buying a house in South Portland.

Her son, my father, just missed serving in World War II, but she saw her grandchildren grow up during the turbulent years of political assassinations and Vietnam.



Lisa Alzo of  The Accidental Genealogist blog is presenting her Fearless Females: 31 Blogging Prompts to Celebrate Women’s History Month series in honor of National Women’s History Month.

No comments:

Post a Comment